Oh Fungus gnats! They are the worst! You know, those stupid tiny black flies that keep buzzing around your plants? They're fungus gnats and in this post I'm going to tell you how to get rid of them for good!
Disclaimer - this post contains affiliate links for which I may gain a commission at no additional cost to you, if you use the links to purchase a product.
How did I get fungus gnats?
- You brought a new plant home & it had fungus gnats or eggs in the potting mix
- The gnats came in a bag of poor quality potting mix
- Fungus gnats thrive in moist soil
- They eat the roots of your plants
Treating a fungus gnat infestation
I recommend to use a two pronged approach:
1. Yellow sticky traps to catch adult fungus gnats and monitor the population (switch out these often)
2. Use Neem oil as a soil drench & spray to kill off fungus gnat larvae & eggs
3. All your plants potting mix to dry out & repeat steps 1 & 2 until eradicated